Alpha Fuze Nutrition - Strength & Endurance, Protein Products
  • Your shopping cart is empty!

Learn the difference between whey protein isolate and concentrate

by BizTechSols | | concentrate, whey protein | 0 Comments

The most important dietary supplements are proteins powder, protein drinks and bars. The most crucial protein supplement of these days is whey protein extracted from dairy. There are various types of whey protein i.e. whey isolate and whey concentrated. 

When milk has been curdled and strained, the liquid left is the whey protein. This liquid consist of fast digesting proteins known as why protein. Whey protein is the by-product of chees and casein. It has many commercial uses. Milk consists of 20% of whey protein and 80% of slow digesting proteins known as casein protein. Whey are casein protein are both essential protein and consist of amino acid, building block of protein. Whey protein plays a crucial role in manufacturing in new proteins in muscles of human body. The two most common types of protein found in protein supplements are whey concentrated and whey isolate. The two types of protein vary in their nutritional content and possess different manufacturing techniques.

Difference between whey isolate and whey concentrate:

  • When whey protein is obtained as a by-product of cheese and yogurt, it passes through several technical procedures to increase its nutritional content. The whey concentrate is extracted after sufficient concentration is achieved. Whey concentrate consist of 80% of proteins and remaining 20% consist of fats and carbohydrate. If different processing technique is utilized to reduce the content of fats and carbohydrates, whey isolate is formed. Whey isolate consist of 90% or more protein content. So, overall whey isolate consist of higher protein content as compared to whey concentrate.
  • A serving of weigh isolate per 100 calorie consist of 23 gram of protein, 1 gram of carbohydrate, 0 gram of fats and 1 gram of lactose.
  • A serving of whey concentrate per 100 calorie consist of 18 gram of protein, 3.5 gram of carbohydrate, 1.5 gram of fats and 3.5 gram of lactose.
  • Since both whey isolate and whey concentrate are extracted from same protein, they contain same type of amino acids.
  • Whey isolate has low content of lactose. It means that whey isolate is a good option for those who are lactose intolerant. In short, whey isolate undergo more processing thereby having more protein, less lactose, less carbohydrate and less lactose level.

Benefits of whey isolate and whey concentrated:

Protein is among of the three important macro nutrients i.e. carbohydrate, fats and proteins. Protein is the building block of cells, bones, skin, muscle and cartilage. It is essential in the formation of muscles and strengthening muscles. Enzymes, hair, nail and hormones all are protein in nature. A person can fulfil his daily requirement of protein by consuming foods i.e. eggs, milk and meet etc. If a person diet lack required level of protein then he can fulfil his requirement through intake of protein supplements.  

Despite a little difference in protein content, both whey isolates and whey concentrate have same benefits on human body. The benefits of whey concentrate and whey isolate are same:

  • Both of them help in improving lean mass and muscle strength. 
  • Both of them are essential in bone strengthening.
  • They boost metabolic rate and help in burning of body fats.